Technical tracks in Maastricht / Limburg area

Alles over freeride, downhill en andere extremere varianten van biken zoals Dual, 4X, Urban Assault, Street, Dirtjump en Trial.
Plaats reactie
Saltire
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Hey all I'm fairly new to Maastricht area. I'm looking for some new trails in the surrounding area to ride. I don't mind driving for an hour or so too. I like technical riding and am a fan of raw less refined single track trails. I'm an experienced rider and ride black or red trails elsewhere. I know about the trails around the drielandenpunt and St Pieters (blue). I'm really finding it hard to find good technical trails. Most trails that are listed as mountain bike trails are straight dirt paths. I have an enduro bike and it seems compete overkill for most of the trail riding here.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anything like these trails in this area?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvMIyT5zDpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lars TB
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker

A bit more introduction would be appreciated... . Do you understand Dutch when we write in Dutch?

And no, there is no enduro-riding worth your bike in the Netherlands, apart from a few local - and usually illegal - trails. The dedicated trails in the South are boring, but slightly higher up you have some flowy stuff and that's the best you're gonna get here.

Acros the border in the Ardennes or behind Aachen is some better stuff.
Weg met de labrador onderdelen!

"Mountainbikers don't get old. They just go downhill"
Real Epic '89
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Isn't dead.

Saltire schreef: I know about the trails around the drielandenpunt and St Pieters (blue).

Is there anything like these trails in this area?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvMIyT5zDpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, there are no official red trails in this aria. Red trails are mostly hiking trails and not allowed to bike.

But, of course the local bikers know how to find the trail paths.

Local groups on Facebook or clubs with trail orientated members in your aria;
https://www.facebook.com/Trailhunters.be/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/SingletrackLimburg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a bikeshop who can help you to find your way in that aria.
http://www.bikeboutique.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only problem is that most sites are in Dutch language.
aurelius
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Lux Trail CF7

Yep, most proper enduro bikes will be overkill in this area. What bike exactly do you ride, and where were you used to ride it, what's your reference?

There is some endurotrack hidden in the Aachenerwald, and there is a small bikepark at the border at Drielandenpunt/Aachenerwald as well.
They do organise Let's Rides at Aachenerwald, maybe you could join one: http://www.mountainbike.nl/forum/viewto ... 8&t=124752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. From Maastricht: 30-40min.

Next step:
A proper bikepark 'Ferme Libert', Malmedy, Belgium, 45-60 min. by car.
The "Fun Zone" is definitely quicker to find on a shorter travel bike.
You only want as much as is necessary and as little as possible.
Dennisvdb
Extreme Biker
Extreme Biker

Go to Hurtgenwald, near Aachen. That's a proper park with a decent shuttle bus. 4 tracks, heaps of fun.
wittereus
Extreme Biker
Extreme Biker
Mijn mountainbike: Cube STEREO HYBRID 160 HPC SL 625 27.5 PACIFIC/RED 2021
Contacteer:

This is an very old video:
https://youtu.be/Hz8QjqyIbr8

Tis is me riding in Aachen.
Laatst gewijzigd door wittereus op wo 22 augustus 2018, 09:50, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Without biking no fun.
Without fun no biking.
cheeta
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Plopsaland

You will need your hour drive...

South of Liege you can find some terrain to use an enduro bike, but you have to forget pretty much everything which is officially signed as MTB route and look for the tracks of local Enduro events or DH tracks. Concern is that some run over private property and are normally not open which is often kind of impossible to recognize.
* Aywaille (Enduro d'Ambleve)
* Chaudfontaine
* Malmedy

Near Aachen there are some possibilities, as well as more south like forementioned bikepark with shuttle (Huertgenwald), Nideggen, ...

If you are willing to double your driving time, you can get to Les-Hautes Rivieres (Fr), Echternach (Lux), ... as well.
"This post may contain irony: Discontinue use if experiencing mood swings, nausea or elevated blood pressure."

| Freie Fahrt fuer freie Buerger! | LHR | Black Trails Matter | Build Back Blacker |
Dennisvdb
Extreme Biker
Extreme Biker

250 kilometers you’ll find Winterberg bikepark. Willingen as well.
Then you have the Vosges area, but that’s even further.
Minna
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat
Mijn mountainbike: Several, the most used: My darling Ibis Mojo

As already suggested, Hurtgenwald. :)
Saltire
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Thanks everyone,
looks like apart from the tracks I already know of there isn't too much else.
lll get onto those FB pages real epic suggested.
Thanks for all the pointers.
Ill be hitting more bike parks then.

"Yep, most proper enduro bikes will be overkill in this area What bike exactly do you ride, and where were you used to ride it, what's your reference?" Aurelius , I ride an evil following at the moment. I was riding black and double black enduro trails in Perth WA recently. The trails that your likely to bump into Sam Hill on:-)
aurelius
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Lux Trail CF7

Ha, ha, then you've ended up at the wrong part of the world now :winkie: ...
Those bike parks will be the best...
The "Fun Zone" is definitely quicker to find on a shorter travel bike.
You only want as much as is necessary and as little as possible.
Lars TB
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker

Saltire schreef:"Yep, most proper enduro bikes will be overkill in this area What bike exactly do you ride, and where were you used to ride it, what's your reference?" Aurelius , I ride an evil following at the moment. I was riding black and double black enduro trails in Perth WA recently. The trails that your likely to bump into Sam Hill on:-)
Well, enduro bikes are overkill on the North Shore as well: people started out on hardtails over there!

I'd say that Aurelius is not quite the right person to ask for bicycle advice ( :kiss: ), but in this case he's got a point: buy a full suspension hardcore XC racing bike with 100 mm travel. Mount a 100 mm stem and a 650 mm flat bar and even the trails in the south of Limburg will be kind of challenging again! :winkie:
Weg met de labrador onderdelen!

"Mountainbikers don't get old. They just go downhill"
Saltire
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Haha, Lars yes will be using my xc machine more indeed haven't actually found any tracks around here I'm not comfortable doing on it. I do remember narrow sub 600mm mtb bars being fashionable back in the day! Definitely won't be doing that, was a bad idea. Seems ultra wide tree attraction bars are fashionable now, another bad idea.
de hollander
Pro Biker
Pro Biker
Mijn mountainbike: Sobre Upgrade, On-One Scandal V3

There are tracks/sections in the area, just not on the regular mtb tracks.

You just missed the Single Track traitour event.

Aachenerwald is also nice riding :D

send me a PM with your email adres i can point out some nice track`s :bier:
Plaats reactie