Looking for riding buddy for MTB single trails / flow trails (intermediate level) and small jumps / bike park (beginner)

Bike afspraken, eat some dirt or dust together.
Plaats reactie
NickH
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Hi, I'm Nick, 37 years old and I live in Emmerich, Kleve district right on the Dutch border. Sorry for not writing in dutch but i'm English and live in Germany but I know all you guys speak good English anyway. I currently ride MTB mostly alone, as my usual riding partners have no time these days. Therefore looking for new riding buddies. I mainly ride the flow trails near me on the Dutch side, either Montferland or towards Nijmegen / Arnhem. I would also like to get into jumping if someone could teach me to do it too. Since I am self-employed and work from home, I am very flexible at the moment, so a little driving for a day trip either further into the Netherlands or to the higher regions in Germany is no problem. I also have an Onza Zoot Street Trial Bike, which I also occasionally ride in case anyone is interested in trials riding?

I tried the german forums but it is hard to find anyone based close to me so I thought in the Netherlands I may have more luck!

Hope to get some response!
MTB noob
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Hi Nick,

I saw your message on our post and you're more than welcome to join us.
I have sent you a private message if you're interested.
Trek X Caliber 9 | regio Nijmegen | beginnende MTBer
BlackBurn
Mountainbike Junk
Mountainbike Junk
Mijn mountainbike: Specialized Epic Comp 2021 incl. dropper
Contacteer:

Hi Nick, I just turned 38 and live in Beuningen near Nijmegen. Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you're a still looking for a riding buddy. I think I'm an average rider, but still like to learn and I'm (slowly :) )progressing.
Lars TB
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker

If you wanna go for street trials in Nijmegen, I can hook you up with the best guy in town!
Weg met de labrador onderdelen!

"Mountainbikers don't get old. They just go downhill"
SHJN
All rounder
All rounder

I live on border of Germany/Netherlands (indeed NOT Holland) at the German side. The red trail is approx 3km from my house. Most times I cycle the trails with my 5yr daughter and we visit the local bikepark too. We like to visit Willingen too.

She has bike clinics as well, ones in two weeks. Maybe you’ve seen her already.
BlackBurn
Mountainbike Junk
Mountainbike Junk
Contacteer:

SHJN schreef: zo 19 december 2021, 18:34 I live on border of Germany/Netherlands (indeed NOT Holland) at the German side. The red trail is approx 3km from my house. Most times I cycle the trails with my 5yr daughter and we visit the local bikepark too. We like to visit Willingen too.

I think I've seen her, does she takes clinics with Robbert ?

Very cool to see, hope my daughter (6) will catch the MTB virus too, although see like the occasionally ride together, it is just a few times a year.
SHJN
All rounder
All rounder

BlackBurn schreef: ma 20 december 2021, 08:02 I think I've seen her, does she takes clinics with Robbert ?
Yes she does, since the age of 3,5yr.

Occasional rides are fun too. Maybe a ride together and riding with another girl motivates her?
BlackBurn
Mountainbike Junk
Mountainbike Junk
Contacteer:

SHJN schreef: ma 20 december 2021, 09:04
BlackBurn schreef: ma 20 december 2021, 08:02 I think I've seen her, does she takes clinics with Robbert ?
Yes she does, since the age of 3,5yr.

Occasional rides are fun too. Maybe a ride together and riding with another girl motivates her?
Sounds like a cool idea, however I'm a bit hesitant (or maybe just over-protective) to ride in Nijmegen with her, due to the height differences.
Normally we go to Ede "kinderroute". Also she doesn't have proper "winter"-gear, which makes it this time of the year a bit harder.

Is it ok, if she likes it, that I contact you via PM, chances are that it has to wait till near spring time.

A bit off-topic were do you get clothes for colder weather for her, especially gloves.
SHJN
All rounder
All rounder

In really cold weather we don’t go, fun is important.
For example we did the trail Schaarsbergen today, we started 12pm nice sunny weather but at the end was it too cold. I told her to take her jacked, but she is stubborn and left it in the car (not in my backpack). :lol:

She weares at the moment baggyshort and shirts of Vaude.
Gloves and shorts of Little Rider and Ti-Go
Legging and cyclingshort with padding.
Different stores, mostly in Germany.
NickH
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Hi Guys

Sorry I didn't reply here in a while, been busy with other stuff and been riding more in the Ruhrgebiet region in Germany lately also because of the Lockdown in Netherlands so forgot to check back. I'm still very much looking for people of my skill level to ride in my local area though!
BlackBurn schreef: wo 27 oktober 2021, 20:43 Hi Nick, I just turned 38 and live in Beuningen near Nijmegen. Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you're a still looking for a riding buddy. I think I'm an average rider, but still like to learn and I'm (slowly :) )progressing.
That's cool, I also just turned 38 in January, keep telling myself I don't feel it though :lol:
I have ridden around the Mook region a few times now on the various trails. I think my favourite is the purple route as it has quite a few fast, twisty downhill sections which I find a lot of fun. Have you ridden here much or do you know of any other trails in your area similar to this?
Lars TB schreef: do 28 oktober 2021, 20:59 If you wanna go for street trials in Nijmegen, I can hook you up with the best guy in town!
This is interesting, haven't done any Trials for a while but would like to get back into it. Is there a big street trials scene in Nijmegen? Can you give me more info?
SHJN schreef: zo 19 december 2021, 18:34 I live on border of Germany/Netherlands (indeed NOT Holland) at the German side. The red trail is approx 3km from my house. Most times I cycle the trails with my 5yr daughter and we visit the local bikepark too. We like to visit Willingen too.

That's nice that your daughter has also caught the MTB bug at such an early age and that she is riding the red trail already is pretty impressive! I don't have kids yet but if/when I do I would also hope they would catch the bug early :-D And you have been to Willingen together as well? I haven't been there yet but hoping to get to Willingen/Winterberg this year as I have been learning jump techniques the last few months so am keen to try them out properly in the bike parks.

So maybe we can plan a ride together in the Mook area soon and ride some of the trails or even the bike park (is it open again now?) Just depends on the weather but at least it's not too cold for this time of year at the moment. Time wise I am pretty flexible as I work from home so weekdays or weekends are both fine. What do you guys think?
Jamis Diablo
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: de oudste.
Contacteer:

Yes Mook Bikepark is open again. With the new line and the upgraded other lines there is a lot of potential to improve your skills.
I ride there 2/3 times a week, so if you plan on going there you can let it know here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=153291
NickH
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Jamis Diablo schreef: do 3 februari 2022, 11:56 Yes Mook Bikepark is open again. With the new line and the upgraded other lines there is a lot of potential to improve your skills.
I ride there 2/3 times a week, so if you plan on going there you can let it know here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=153291
Just had a look on instagram of the new line and it looks very cool, will have to get over there again soon and check it out!
SHJN
All rounder
All rounder

NickH schreef: do 3 februari 2022, 11:38
That's nice that your daughter has also caught the MTB bug at such an early age and that she is riding the red trail already is pretty impressive! I don't have kids yet but if/when I do I would also hope they would catch the bug early :-D And you have been to Willingen together as well? I haven't been there yet but hoping to get to Willingen/Winterberg this year as I have been learning jump techniques the last few months so am keen to try them out properly in the bike parks.

So maybe we can plan a ride together in the Mook area soon and ride some of the trails or even the bike park (is it open again now?) Just depends on the weather but at least it's not too cold for this time of year at the moment. Time wise I am pretty flexible as I work from home so weekdays or weekends are both fine. What do you guys think?
Since she was 3,5yrs old, she follows clinics ones a two weeks. Now, after a winter period we slowly start our bike trips on the local trails (red, blue and purple) and off course we go Willingen this year too.

Not only in Willingen, also a couple of blue lines in Saalbach/Hinterglemm and Leogang last summer! :-D 8)
Plaats reactie