Transfer Routes to GPSMAP 4208

Discussiehoek voor GPS Routes/tracks, Navigators, Software en meer.
Gesloten
jamesrivard
Mtb fanaat
Mtb fanaat

Hello,

I have a feeling this question will go unanswered and I understand why. The GPSMAP 4208 is a brand new marine gps network chart plotter just released by Garmin. I'll give it a shot anyhow.

I created a route on my pc at home using mapsource, the file was saved as a ".gdb" file onto a blank sd card. I brought the sd card to my boat and plugged it into the 4208. The unit did not recognize the file and so I was unable to upload the route to the 4208. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.
ThaSingleTrackMastah
Mijn mountainbike: Heeft een motortje
Contacteer:

Use asecamp ?
Some days it's easy, some days it's a fight.

Disclaimer: Spellingscontrole vern#ukt mijn posts. Excuses voor vreemde woorden en afkortingen.
dvdspelert
All rounder
All rounder

Did a quick search and found same post, been struggling for a while? http://www.gpsinformation.org/forum/vie ... =13&t=4248" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you try other filetypes? .gpx is what my device uses. What does the manual say?

EDIT

A quick search I didnt find any filetypes in the manual. But I did find a restriction:
max 20 routes
max 250 waypoints per route (not much for mtb i guess, but I dont think you use it for MTB)

Maybe try to create a route in the device itself, and load that to the computer. See what filetype it is.

Then create a route with that extension and max 250 waypoints. Should be working I guess.

Good luck fishing!
Het hoeft niet moeilijk.
GT Karakoram 29er
RobSter
Mauntainbiker
Mauntainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Giant Anthem Advanced non-Pro 29

Afbeelding

Lekker ding voor op het stuur :o
Patrick_V
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker
Mijn mountainbike: Canyon Stoic 3

En dat is zonder accu/generator :lol:
Tsjibiti
Elite Mountainbiker
Elite Mountainbiker

jamesrivard schreef:Hello,

I have a feeling this question will go unanswered and I understand why. The GPSMAP 4208 is a brand new marine gps network chart plotter just released by Garmin. I'll give it a shot anyhow.

I created a route on my pc at home using mapsource, the file was saved as a ".gdb" file onto a blank sd card. I brought the sd card to my boat and plugged it into the 4208. The unit did not recognize the file and so I was unable to upload the route to the 4208. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.
Je ne le peux pas lire. Quel est votre problème?
Solo fare un giro in bel tempo e a bassa velocità.
George
Contacteer:

Das ist doch nur ein spammer mein bester trol ;)
Gesloten